Restriction Digests + Microwave??

Will Fischer wfischer at bio.indiana.edu
Fri Nov 19 13:45:07 EST 1993

Peter Kaub (p-kaub at csu.murdoch.edu.au) wrote:
: on using microwave radiation for enhancing restriction endonuclease reactions.
: ...
: this is new to me and I would be interested if anybody had any
: information on this technique.  Does it increase efficiency of cutting?
: Does it decrease time needed for complete cutting?

See A.K. Jhingan (1992) Microwave Restriction Enzyme Digestion of DNA.
	Methods in Molecular and Cellular Biology 3:270-274.

	Abstract:  A simple technique has been developed for digesting
	genomic as well as plasmid DNA utilizing a microwave oven.  The
	digestions are complete in minutes and are highly reproducible.
Haven't tried it yet.  Has anyone else?

--
Will Fischer

wfischer at indiana.edu

(Grad Student)
Department of Biology			"So much time, and so little to do!
Indiana University			 Wait.  Strike that.  Reverse it.
Bloomington, Indiana 47401 USA		 Thank you."
							-- Willy Wonka