Cleaning a contaminated primer stock

txpljfg at UABCVSR.CVSR.UAB.EDU txpljfg at UABCVSR.CVSR.UAB.EDU
Fri Nov 19 14:57:35 EST 1993

> 	By dint of hard work and inexperience our primer stock
> solutions have become contaminated probably with a 6kb DNA fragment,
> rarther than giveing them a 1 minute silance and a Viking funeral
> can anyone suggest a good way to cleanse them of the Foul Interloper
> DNA?
>
> --
> Michael
> NPC rights activist  | Nameless Abominations are people too!

Once contaminated, we have never been able to clean up primers
sufficiently to be used again.  Break out the bugle and bury them at
sea.

Don't feel bad, this seems to happen to many people when they first
start using PCR, and before they appreciate how unbeleivably it is to
contaminate anything with anything.

James F. George, Ph.D.              "Science is simply common sense at its
Department of Surgery                best -- that is, rigidly accurate in
University of Alabama at Birmingham  observation, and merciless to fallacy
205-934-4261 voice                   in logic"   --Thomas Huxley
txpljfg at uabcvsr.cvsr.uab.edu