Why LB or TB?

Martin Leach leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
Mon Nov 22 04:35:09 EST 1993

Dear netter,

For DH5-alpha bacteria containg any plasmid we routinely grow them in LB
broth. One colony per 5 ml overnight. Or 100 ul of glycerol stock per 500
ml overnight.
I think if you need exceptional yields you should look into using
cycloheximide. I think this is used to amplify plasmids within bacteria (i
know on plate) without further division.

Good Luck

Martin Leach

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)