Make a d-strand from ss oligonucleotide ?

WANGNN at UCBEH.SAN.UC.EDU WANGNN at UCBEH.SAN.UC.EDU
Mon Nov 22 20:24:22 EST 1993

Hi Netters:

I am going run the gel retardation to show the band shifting using my protein
and a small fragment DNA.   The small fragment is about 20 bases, which is
planned to  be synthesized.  For sure, the synthesis of a 20-mer of
oligonucleotide is much cheaper than that of two strands to make a ds DNA.

My question is if some methods can be used to synthesis such small ds DNA
fragment (20bp) from the single strand oligonucleotide.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Hong