Anti-digoxigenin antibody-HRP

David W Goad tortuga at matt.ksu.ksu.edu
Tue Nov 23 18:39:59 EST 1993

Abush at watson.princeton.edu (Andrew Bush) writes:

>Hello netters:

>Does anyone out there know where I can find anti-digoxigenin antibodies
>(monoclonal or polyclonal) which are coupled to HRP
>(Horseradish peroxidase).  Boehringer sells an F-Ab fragment against
>digoxigenin but it is alkaline phosphatase conjugated.  I have heard tell
>that Boehringer's F-Ab fragment has been patented and this of course would
>make the availability of other anti-digoxigenin antibodies problematic but
>I don't know for sure.  Any information would be much appreciated.  (Will
>gladly let everyone know what I find out if you want to email me directly).

Boehringer also sells anti-digoxigenin HRP for about the same price (I
think) as the alk. phos. conjugate.  Be forewarned: Product has a short
storage time - only about 6-12 months in the fridge.  Otherwise it works
great.  Signal can also be amplified with other antibodies, but I'll leave
those details to you. :)

Dave Goad

*--------------------------------------*-------------------------*
|               **         **          |    David Goad           |
|     ___     **    Space    **        |    Dept. of Anatomy     |
|    /@ @\   *       for       *       |      and Physiology     |
|   (  ^  )=*         Hire      *      |    Kansas State Univ.   |
|    *---*    /  //  /   \  \\  \      |    (tortuga at matt.ksu.   |
|              Just Cruisin'!          |                         |