Labeling 12mers probes

Yves Bertheau bertheau at inapv.inapg.inra.fr
Sat Nov 27 10:25:59 EST 1993

Hello,

We would like to detect some polymorphic fragments in amplified fragments.
For this purpose we designed an ASO (Allele Specific Oligonucleotide) of
12nt.

The polymoorphic nt are at each end (1st and last nt) of the probe and we
would like to label by e.g. digoxygenin this short probe.

Is there any method to label in the probe and not at the end (I am afraid
that the steric hindrance of the digoxygenin would affect the specificty of
the hybridization)?

Does anybody could share its experience in this domain?

Any advice will be appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

--
		Yves Bertheau
INRA INA P-G		Pathologie Vegetale	16 rue Claude Bernard
Fax: +33 (1) 44.08.17.00 Internet: bertheau at inapv.inapg.inra.fr