Skew sequences

Helge Weissig helgew at LJCRF.EDU
Mon Nov 29 18:23:37 EST 1993

MCKENZIEA at gate2.cc.unp.ac.za (Ashleigh Mckenzie) wrote:

>To those who know anything about sequencing:
>
>Can anyone suggest ways to stop sequenced DNA lanes running skew
>in the gel? We use a poker face II apparatus and prerun for 2 hrs
>at 50 - 60 W, followed by sample run at 60W. The temperature
>gradient across the gel is not even, being much hotter on the
>edges and near the bottom of the plates. Changing the wattage at
>which the gel runs has not helped much.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Ashleigh Mckenzie
>
>mckenziea at botany.unp.ac.za

we usually attach a aluminum plate to the glass plates to make the
temperature over the plates more even.

and, as mentioned earlier, prerunning for 15 - 25 min. is sufficient.

good luck,

helge

      ***        		Helge Weissig
    * . . *      		La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation
   *       *  	   	10901 N. Torrey Pines Rd.
   * \___/ *    	 	La Jolla, CA 92037
    *     *	    	  	phone:  	(619) 455 6480 ext. 253
      ***  	 	     	FAX:    	(619) 455 0181

SMILE, tomorrow will be worse!