Yeast transformation

Christian Meyer meyer at tournesol.versailles.inra.fr
Mon Nov 29 10:54:26 EST 1993

hello dear netters, we are currently trying to complement yeast
(Saccharomyces cerevisiae) with a plant c-DNA library. The problem is that
our transformation efficiency is , at best, 5x1000, using the most
recently published methods for PEG-LiAc. We have tried several brand of
PEG and Li, several strains,... Are we doing some mistakes? Is there an
"universal" method ? Is plating critical? Thanks a lot in advance for any
hint or advices. Christian (sorry for my bad english...) Christian MEYER
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire INRA F78026 Versailles Cedex, France
tel : (1) 30 83 30 67.  Email: meyer at versailles.inra.fr