Coupled vs uncoupled in vitro transcription/translation

Edwin ten Dam etd at
Fri Nov 26 07:14:23 EST 1993

In article <9311251710.AA31423 at>,
jwoodget at (Jim Woodgett) wrote:
> Has anyone had good/bad experiences with Promega's TnT coupled
> transcription/translation system?  We've always made RNA first then
> translated in retic. lysates but this does take more time than the coupled
> methods.  Any comparisons between the two apart from cost?
I've used Promega's SP6 TnT and it works great for me. Gels look a bit more
messy, but then again i was using miniprep DNA. Saves a lot of time. It is
very expensive though, and for some reason Promega doesn't give you enough
buffer and SP6 pol to use all of the supplied retic.

Edwin ten Dam etd at