Cheap Xgal

Patrick Phillips patrick at wbar.uta.edu
Fri Oct 1 12:11:49 EST 1993

In article <01H3LFF46702001B6M at hkucc.hku.hk>, HRMBDKC at HKUCC.HKU.HK wrote:
 > Please can anyone tell me which is the cheapest source of Xgal?
 > Thanks in advance.
 > Kathy Cheah
 > HRMBDKC at HKUCC.BITNET

I don't know how much this stuff usually costs, but I just got an order
form through the Genetics Society of America for a reduced rate bulk
purchase of x-gal for $19/gram (US).  You have to be a member of GSA to
qualify ($70), and you have to order in 10g lots.  Call the GSA
adminstrative office for details (301) 571-1825 (they're in Bethesda,
Maryland USA for those of you in Hong Kong :-).

Patrick Phillips
University of Texas at Arlington
patrick at wbar.uta.edu