OmpA expression vectors--request

Wed Oct 6 13:45:20 EST 1993

> Dear Bionetters,
>      I recently discovered that my stab of a strain containing
> the plasmid pINIII ompA1 was dead.  I'm trying to track down
> a source of this expression vector (E. coli).  If anyone
> out there has a stab or a small quantity of plasmid DNA they
> could and would spare I would be highly appreciative.  Also
> if anyone else has a noncommercial expression/secretion vector
> for E.coli I would be interested.
>                          Many thanks!
> --
>   Eric R. Hugo, Postdoctoral Research Associate |eric at bcserv.wustl.edu
>   Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics|finger above for
>   Washington University School of Medicine      |public key <--
>   Box 8231, St. Louis, MO 63110_________________| (314) 362-3342

	Dear Eric:

There was an article about a year or so back in BioTechniques which described
a solution for the exact problem you have.  I don't remember the exact
reference but the gist was that, take the stab or the culture (dead) and
do a DNA extraction.  although you may not see any DNA, specially the plasmid,
there will be enough to support a transformation and get your clone back.
I think it is worth a try.
Raj Shankarappa
bsh at med.pitt.edu
Univ of Pittsburgh