Seeking PCR of mitochondrial sequences from blood Methods

Ronald Meis camron at ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu
Thu Oct 7 15:12:00 EST 1993

Hello,
	I am currently evaluating various methods for DNA preparations
from biological specimens (whole blood, dry blood, etc.) to be used as
templates for PCR amplification of various mitochondrial genomic
sequences. I was hoping for some suggestions on tried and proven methods.
Also any additional comments would be appreciated for example:
How clean and specific was the initial PCR amplification reaction?
Was gel purification and reamplification necessary?
	Thanks in advance.

	Ronald Meis