Screening for Protein-Protein Interactions

GARCIA02 at swmed.edu GARCIA02 at swmed.edu
Thu Oct 7 15:46:25 EST 1993

We are curently screening expression libraries and looking for
protein-protein interactions using a GST-Fusion protein.  In our
initial controls GST by itself gave no background, but when we use the
GST-Fusion protein every plaque on the filter is lighting-up
(suggesting that our protein is interacting with either a coli or
phage protein).  We have tried different hybridization conditions,
detergents, blocking procedures, among others but are running out of
ideas.  We would appreciate any suggestions.

Leon F. Garcia Martinez