DNA/Protein analysis packages

Jim Gale jim at AUDREY.LMF.ORG
Fri Oct 8 09:59:27 EST 1993

Bonjour,
I posted this to the software group and got only a few replys so I thought
I would try a larger audience.

We are a small research institute and have lost access to the GCG package.
The institute we use to use GCG by modem has decided it is too expensive and
will not even maintain data base updates. So my question is What DNA/Protein
analysis packages are YOU using??? Plus's and minus's. Compare to GCG
I am fimilar with Hitachi's DNASIS/PROSIS and Inteligentics PC-GENE.
I would like to hear from any current users of these systems or any
other package that we should be looking at. We have demos for both of these
coming soon.

Please help, this is alot of money to us, and a critical analysis for
our research.

Thanks in advance

Jim Gale
The Lovelace Institutes