pUC118/9 sequence

Jarmo Niemi JANIEMI at FINABO.ABO.FI
Fri Oct 8 02:02:31 EST 1993

In <292qg8$9k0 at menudo.uh.edu> bchs1b at Rosie.UH.EDU writes:

> In article <1993Oct6.202049.1 at molbiol.ox.ac.uk>, adavies at molbiol.ox.ac.uk (Anthony Davies) writes:
> >Can anyone direct me to the sequence of pUC118 and 119?  18 and 19 are
> >everywhere, but these derivatives I cannot find - even at Welchlab!

> I got it some time back from the databases which came with the GCG
> programs. Either it was in Genbank or in the Vector database. If you
> can not find it, let me know and I can send it to you.

>  Michael Benedik				INTERNET: Benedik at uh.edu

Huh ? Couldn't find it in our GCG (Genbank 78, EMBL 35):

! STRINGSEARCH from: GenEMBL:*  October 8, 1993  08:52

! searching for: "puc118"           ..

! Sequences searched: 135824

! STRINGSEARCH from: vec:*  October 8, 1993  08:54

! searching for: "puc118"           ..

! Sequences searched: 140

Could you tell me where it is, or maybe even post the sequence ? I have
noted many people looking for it !

Jarmo Niemi   Biochemistry, University of Turku, Finland, janiemi at finabo.abo.fi