Micro injection in plant cells

Dirk Schabe DSCHABE at sun0.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Oct 12 16:55:54 EST 1993

Has anybody got experiences with micro injection into plant cells?

We want to get some fluorescence dye into Funaria cells using micro pipettes
and stuff, but we have difficulties to prevent cells from floating through
the medium when trying to inject. What we're desperately searching for is a
way of holding a cell in place including the possibility to detach the cell
after injection for further preparation.
Anyone got a suggestion ? Please send your answer by e-mail.

Thanks in advance.

Dirk Schabe                                       Department of Neurobiology
dschabe at 129.206.100.126                    University of Heidelberg, Germany