lambda gt10 wanted

Martin Kennedy mkennedy at
Thu Oct 14 20:16:45 EST 1993

In article <29huo1$koa at>, Chihara at (Dr.Chihara) writes:
> I have a student who would like to grow up a lot of vector phage
> without foreign inserts to use as a standard DNA.  Does she have to
> package the DNA which I have found sources for, or is someone out there
> willing to share some phage?

You can introduce lambda DNA (and of course M13, RF or ss) into E.coli with a
low efficiencey by normal transformation procedures;  I seem to recall this
works at about 10^3 plaques/ug, depending on the strain etc.  This might save
you bothering to package it.

NNNN   NN  Martin A Kennedy (E-mail = mkennedy at  ZZZZZZZ
	      Phone (64-3)364-0880  Fax (64-3)364-0750