Catrimox-14

Eivind Hovig ehovig at radium.uio.no
Tue Oct 12 04:04:21 EST 1993

I thought I would inquire the netters about the feasibility of a rather new
method for RNA extraction intended for rtPCR that I recently came across (I
don4t remember seeing anything on the net). It seems to be based on the use
of a cationic surfactant called Catrimox-14. As I understand it, it should
enable quick RNA extraction of amplifiable material from whole blood in
half an hour or so.
Anybody having any experience with this method? All information would be
appreciated.

--
Eivind Hovig PhD  email= ehovig at radium.uio.no  Dept. of Tumor Biology
S=EHOVIG; OU=radium;  O=uio; ADMD= ; PRMD=no;  Inst. for Cancer Research