msh injections

HRMBDKC at HKUMD1.HKU.HK HRMBDKC at HKUMD1.HKU.HK
Tue Oct 26 04:19:00 EST 1993

I wish to inject alpha MSH into mice to see if I can effect a coat colour
change. I found a paper describing this method and it

advocates the use of beeswax and peanut oil to stabilise the hormone.
But the ref referred to is a very old PNAS paper vol47 p 164 (1961).
We do not have such old issues. Can anyone give me a recipe for making up
the MSH solution for injection? I need to do the experiment quickly
and would rather not wait the 6 weeks it takes for inter-library loan!
Any advice much appreciated.
Kathy Cheah
HRMBDKC at HKUCC.BITNET