Qiagen PCR purification kit

Ross Whetten rosswhet at unity.ncsu.edu
Wed Oct 27 12:30:42 EST 1993

In article <1993Oct27.125553.13397 at news.weeg.uiowa.edu>, elorenz at news.weeg.uiowa.edu (Eva Lorenz) writes:
|>Subject: Qiagen PCR purification kit
|>
|>Does anyone have any info regarding the quick spin purification kit
|>offered by qiagen?  We saw the ad and are kind of unsure about the price/worth
|>ratio.  It sure sounds easy enough to use and saves time, but what
|>about recovery rate and purity?
|>Any experience, info kindly appreciated
|>
|>Eva-Lorenz at uiowa.edu

I have used the Qiagen spin columns and like them a lot. The method is very
fast and easy and seems to give very good recovery, and the resulting DNA
works great for ligation in the few cases where I've tried.

Ross Whetten
Research Assistant Professor
Forest Biotechnology Group
North Carolina State University