RIPA lysis buffer composition

Dr. Simmen's Lab simmenlab at animal.ufl.edu
Fri Oct 29 13:06:38 EST 1993

I am currently following a protocol that uses a buffer termed RIPA
lysis buffer.  The buffer is currently being used in the preparation of
conceptus homogenates which are subsequently assayed for DNA content and
protein concentrations.  I have a suspicion that our recipe for this buffer
is incorrect.  Does anyone know if this is a commonly used buffer?  If so,
what is its composition? Specifically, the problem appears to be the Triton-
X 100 concentration of the buffer which interfers dramatically with our DNA
fluorometric assay.  Any comments or suggestions are welcomed.

					Thank You,
					Mike L. Green