chicken serum

AMRUT S BHOGLE AMRUT at UCSVAX.UCS.UMASS.EDU
Fri Oct 29 12:18:25 EST 1993

Dear Readers,

	I have been observing that chicken serum tends to form some kind
of precipitate every time it undergoes a freeze-thaw cycle.  I have called
the company that sells me the chicken serum and they tell me that the
precipitate will in no way have any detrimental effect on cell-culture.  Does
anybody know what are these precipitates and/or a method of preventing these
from forming?  It is rather unnerving to find that the media with chicken serum
looks a bit turbid.

	Thanks.

	Amrut