Phenol source

the End jgraham at bronze.ucs.indiana.edu
Fri Oct 29 07:42:55 EST 1993

Interesting, we distill enough phenol for over 6 months (eg. 2 L) in
an afternoon. A simple electrical heating ring and coiled cross pipe
to a resevoir does it. I can find the details if anyone is interested.

As for bag sealers, there are quite a few "Daisy Seal-a-Meals" now made
by Sears I think around here from the 60s. Cost next to nothing. These
are the ones that used to be sold on late night television for "sealing
in freshness" for frozen vegetables and such. I don't think it
is a patented process, at least not yet :)

Jim