Concentrating small, dilute DNA

swiatek at swiatek at
Fri Oct 22 19:20:14 EST 1993

	Does anyone know of the best way to concentrate (i.e. ppt) small
	DNAs (<300bp)? I'm using Promega's Magic PCR preps, and the DNA is
	eluted in 40 to 50ul of buffer (or water, in my case). Currently,
	I have about 2ug DNA in 80ul H2O and need to concentrate it for
	ligation. Which salts work best? Also, is isopropanol or EtOH better?
	Thanks for any and all help...
Gavin Swiatek                                   /
Dept Micro & Molec Genetics                     /        E
Rutgers Univ                                    /    Pluribus
New Brunswick, NJ                               /   Pandemonium.....