Peter M. Muriana muriana at
Thu Sep 2 16:12:55 EST 1993

Dear Bionetters,

To those of you who have a lot of experience using adapters/linkers:

We are interested in adding linkers to a bacterial genomic digest, however,
we do not wish to produce concatamers of genomic fragments, just individual
fragments which have linkers, or adapters, added to both ends.  Is there
any other way to prevent concatamerization without resorting to using
alkaline phosphatase?

Also, is this possibility eliminated by using an excess of linker/adapter
molecules relative to genomic fragments?

Peter M. Muriana