Recycle QIAprep columns?

Juliette Faraco faraco at cmgm.stanford.edu
Sat Sep 4 16:06:33 EST 1993

Hi out there,
I have had great success using the Qiagen QIAprep spin miniprep
kits.  As with most kits, there is an excess of solutions supplied
with them , but there are only 50 of the spin columns- the critical
component.  I have been saving the used columns in case there is a way
to clean them, and then re-use them.  Does anybody have any hints on how
to do this? It should be possible to elute off any remaining DNA, but what
about proteins etc. which may clog them??
        Any feedback on how to, or whether to try is welcome!
                       Juliette