Digitiser for the Mac?

William R. Morgan wmorgan at ACS.WOOSTER.EDU
Wed Sep 8 21:30:01 EST 1993

Julian Parkhill [J.Parkhill at UK.AC.BHAM (JANET) or @BHAM.AC.UK (INTERNET)] asks

>Does anybody use/know of a digitiser that will connect to a Macintosh, and
>allow the input of band positions on sequencing autorads.

An alternative to a commercial package (which may be more economical) is to
purchase a Digitizer directly from the manufacturer (such as Science
Accessories Corp.) and use it with a shareware Mac program called
"Digispeak". I got this software from a friend who downloaded from a
computer in Heidelberg, I think (at the EMBL?). Digispeak may be at the

Let me know if you'd like to get the address for Science Accessories Corp.
or if you have difficulty getting the software.

Bill Morgan

BTW, I have no affiliation with SAC.

William R. Morgan
The College of Wooster