Luciferase Assay from Promega

Tao Tao txt15 at po.CWRU.Edu
Thu Sep 9 10:42:41 EST 1993

In a previous article, sjchmura at kimbark.uchicago.edu (steven joseph chmura) says:
>Has anyone used this system without the luminometer?  The techs claim
>that a scinilation counter can be used effectively.
>
>Just looking for peoples opinions/experiences.  I am trying to
>quantify in-vivo expression.

I am using the scintillation counter for this type of assays.  It works
fine.  The problem is how to convert the readings in cpm to the lumino-
unit, or just get the square root of the reading and give it an arbitrary
unit.

One thing to make clear, I use the bacterial luciferase and do the assay
in vivo by supplying the c12-aldehyde.

Hope this helps.

Tao