Luciferase Assay from Promega

Martin Leach leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
Mon Sep 13 08:25:58 EST 1993

In article <1993Sep2.152851.12310 at midway.uchicago.edu>,
sjchmura at kimbark.uchicago.edu (steven joseph chmura) wrote:

> Has anyone used this system without the luminometer?  The techs claim
> that a scinilation counter can be used effectively.
>
> Just looking for peoples opinions/experiences.  I am trying to
> quantify in-vivo expression.
>

> --
> ________________________________________________________________________________Steven Chmura			      University of Chicago Medical School(MII)
>   "Given enough time, the impossible becomes probable, and the probable
> 	inevitable.."  -George Wald, "On the Origins of Life"
> 	"Genes into colon ... we are going to cure colon cancer"

We use the GeneLight system from promega and measure luciferase activities
in a Beckmann LS 6000SC Scintillation counter that has a built-in Single
Photon Monitor.
The system is pretty easy to use - we only count for 30 s.

Put 0.6ml tube in small counting vial. (Cut top off 0.6ml tube) Add
extract, and assay buffer and mix by pipetting.

Any probs. contact Martin Leach phone 1-617-638-5323
or e-mail: leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu