Urea Gradient Gel Devices

neale at mbcf.stjude.org neale at mbcf.stjude.org
Mon Sep 13 17:37:21 EST 1993

In article <1993Sep10.161800.14652 at chpc.utexas.edu>, cmdq144 at chpc.utexas.edu (Michael Ready - or a host of others) writes:
> Dear Netters,
>
> 	Does anyone out there know the name/address of a manufacturer for
> devices for pouring and running transverse urea gradient gels for studying
> protein folding and unfolding? Does anyone _have_ such a device that they
> would be willing to barter for cash/stamps/graduate student to be named later?
> Right now, we are using cobbled-together equipment that is a pain to use
> and causing revolt. Any info would be much apreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mike R.
>
>  *****************************************************************************
>  *  Michael P. Ready                       Email: ready at utbc01.cm.utexas.edu *
>  *  Dept.of Chemistry & Biochemistry       Phone: (512)471-3625              *
>  *  University of Texas                    Fax:   (512)471-8696              *
>  *  Austin, Texas 78712                                                      *

I would be interested also if any manufacturer makes such a device. It surely
is a pain making these type of gels yourself, especially in getting the volumes
of reagents correct to clamp together your plates when you rotate the gel 90
degrees.
Fortunately (for me!) I don't need to make these type of gels anymore! But I do
 sympathize with anyone who does.

Regards,

Geoff Neale