Saran wrap

Tony Hodge tph at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 15 08:03:02 EST 1993

Subject: Saran wrap
From: Martti Tolvanen, tolvanen at kruuna.Helsinki.FI
Date: 3 Sep 1993 12:56:54 +0300
In article <2674d6$h3h at kruuna.Helsinki.FI> Martti Tolvanen,
tolvanen at kruuna.Helsinki.FI writes:
>This may sound stupid, but as a non-American I have no idea what Saran
>wrap is. Ordinary household polyethylene wrap or some special lab
>plastic?

Having used both Saran Wrap and domestic Cling Film I find that the
latter gives me much better results when used to wrap wet gels for
autoradiography.  Saran is OK but many times in the past it has given me
nasty black lines all over my X-Ray wheras cling film seems to be more
reliable .... it also feels thinner which leads me to believe it might
stop less beta than Saran (or am I splitting hairs?)

Tony
Tony P Hodge

Structural Studies Division
Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Hills Road
Cambridge
CB2  2QH
UK