PCR of seed samples

Mark Schweder mschweder at gnv.ifas.ufl.edu
Tue Sep 14 19:19:31 EST 1993

In article <1993Sep9.205407.2832 at tower>, rpl at tower writes:
> We have been working with PCR for detection of plant pathogenic bacteria on
> seeds.  Our major problem is probably the presence of high levels of phenolic
> compounds in seeds.  We have inconsistent results in the amplification of DNA
> fragments.
> 	Any suggestion to overcome this problem?
> 	Thanks
> 	Rui

I don't know if it is any help, but when I was looking through Current
Contents recently I ran across an article entitled Pre-Germination
Genotypic Screening Using PCR Amplification of Half-Seeds in TAG
86:694-698. I haven't got a reprint yet, consequently I don't know the
relevance it may have to your problem.

   Mark Schweder                | There are three things that smell like fish!
   Plant Science Laboratory     | One of them is fish...
   Agronomy Department          | The other two...
   University of Florida        | Are growing on you...
   Gainesville, Florida 32611   | (Frank Zappa, Jumbo Go Away)
           904-392-1890         |         mschweder at gnv.ifas.ufl.edu
                  DISCLAIMER: I know nothing about nothing.