Help in cDNA library construction

Alexandra Nava Kalof ank2f at faraday.clas.Virginia.EDU
Wed Sep 15 13:28:54 EST 1993

I am new in the field of molecular biology and I am attempting
to construct a cDNA library from the Drosophila CNS as a means
to isolate and identify cell-specific mRNA sequences. I am
looking for a kit or a high-yield method for directional cDNA
library construction starting from a small amount of total RNA.
However, I would prefer not to use a method based on PCR
amplification. Do you have any ideas on possible techniques
(particularly the first step of reverse transcription) or have
had any luck with a commercially available kit? Thank you for
any suggestions you might have.

			Alex.