bisbenzimide CsCl gradients

Leonard Bloksberg preissj at clvax1.msu.edu
Thu Sep 16 11:53:00 EST 1993

In Article <00972588.207927E0.6699 at BSCR.UGA.EDU> "mcgraw at BSCR.UGA.EDU" says:

> Hello all,
>
> We're trying to isolate an AT-rich fraction of DNA from the rest.  We read
> that equilibrium density gradient centrifugation in the presence of
> bisbenzimide should work for this.  We tried it a couple of times with
> no luck yet.  I figure we're making some kind of very basic mistake, but
> we haven't figured it out yet.  So.  Is there someone out there who has
> a lot of experience with this method?  We're not even seeing bands of any kind,
> main or AT-rich at this point.  What are they supposed to look like?
>
> Any comments, either to me directly or to the net, would be greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> Al McGraw
> mcgraw at bscf.uga.edu

.
I haven't done it, but I do remember that in some old literature, they used
Cesium Sulfate gradients instead of CsCl to do this.  Hope this adds more
possibilities of hope rather than more confusion.  Good Luck
.
. 			Dr. Leonard N. Bloksberg
.
.