Midi-preps

BGAA BGAA at MUSICB.MCGILL.CA
Mon Sep 20 08:35:41 EST 1993

As the title implies, does anyone know of a good midi-prep protocol
that is fast and inexpensive?  I recently tried one that was
published in an April '93 issue of Biotechniques where the authors
suggested using 40% PEG in 30mM MgCl2 to purify the plasmid DNA.
However, everything worked for me until I got to this step and then
I lost my DNA pellet.  I suspect that the concentration of PEG
is too high and doesn't fractionate the DNA very well.  Any
suggestions?

Tony Kwan
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University
BGAA at MUSICB.MCGILL.CA