Purification of ss-DNA from PCR

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcsparc6.ncifcrf.gov
Mon Sep 20 16:21:28 EST 1993

In article <CDI5xw.C2y at ncifcrf.gov> drummond at ncifcrf.gov
 (James Drummond) writes:

> I am looking for a way to purify my PCR products into their
> respective ssDNA.  Does anyone know of a method which will allow
> me to do this?

What purpose did you have in mind? If sequencing or using only one strand as a
probe, you could use a 5' biotinylated primer on one side during the PCR.
Afterward, bind the PCR product to magnetic particles and strip off the ssDNA
using NaOH. There's a protocol in the Promega book listed in the FAQ.