Primers database through gopher.

Roland Gronroos Roland.Gronroos at sgen.slu.se
Tue Sep 21 07:29:35 EST 1993

In article <1993Sep20.173226.23593 at aristo.tau.ac.il>
pc386 at ccsg.tau.ac.il (BENNY SHOMER 9238) writes:

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Primer Name: ______________________________
I would like to see a stanard form here. It could be based on the
sequence name from which the primer was choosen. Example "Ecoli uidA
gene pos 499"

> Target Gene: ______________________________________________________________
>
> Species: ___________________________
Sometimes are primers constructed from a sequence of one species and
applied to another: Both species should be given here.

> Direction: { FOR / REV }
>
> Matching Primer(s) in this database: _________________________________
This is the part that makes a database like this complicated. When
there exist several primer combinations for one gene you will have to
describe all the products. I suggest that a separate database sheet is
made for the product of a given primer pair.  Product Length, Cycle
conditions and Buffer constituents would be better to give for the
product.

Sincerely,
                         Roland Gronroos

Dr. Roland Gronroos                            Tele: +46 18 67 32 37
Department of Forest Genetics  	               Fax:  +46 18 67 32 79
Box 7027                                       E-mail/Datorpost:
S-750 07 Uppsala
Roland.Gronroos at sgen.slu.se
SWEDEN