E. coli/Bacillus shuttle vectors

Dan Jacobson danj at dev.gdb.org
Tue Sep 21 11:05:52 EST 1993

In article <01H30O8G8N0Y0000EZ at nic.the.net>, SHAUN%JASON.DECNET at relay.the.net ("Shaun D. Black") writes:
> We are working on expression of a gene in E. coli, with good results.  But,
> it has become of interest to express the same gene in Bacillus subtilis.
> Thus, we have two questions: 1. Does anyone have a preference for any of
> the E. coli/Bacillus shuttle vectors out there?, and 2. Will an E. coli
> promoter work in Bacillus?  Advice and/or references most appreciated.

Point your gopher client at gopher.gdb.org and select:

-->  12. Search Databases at Hopkins (Vectors, Promoters, NRL-3D, EST, OMIM../

 -->  6.  Culture Collections (ATCC, ECACC)/

 -->  1.  ATCC - The American Type Culture Collection/

  -->  7.  Recombinant DNA Materials (Clones, Vectors, Libraries, Hosts, Olig../

   -->  2.  Vectors <?>

And search for:

subtilis and coli and shuttle

You'll find 14 or so vectors that may be of interest.

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at mail.gdb.org