antibody to diphtheria toxin

Dan Jacobson danj at dev.gdb.org
Tue Sep 21 10:43:57 EST 1993

In article <14SEP199315105915 at bioch.tamu.edu> frisch at bioch.tamu.edu (DAVID FRISCH) writes:
>I am looking for antibodies to diphtheria toxin.  I was told that
>Cambio Co. sold some, but they no longer sell the antibody.  I
>would appreciate it if somebody could direct me to a source for
>some diphtheria toxin  antibody.

A gopher search of the ATCC data picks up the following:

-------------------------

ATCC HB-8363  16M3F10  (Anti diphtheria toxin)

Current medium for propagation: RPMI 1640 with 1 mM sodium
pyruvate, 5 fg/ml insulin and 5 fg/ml transferrin, 85%; FBS, 15%.
Additional Information: The hybridoma cell line 16M3F10 secretes
a human monoclonal antibody (IgG) that reacts with diphtheria
toxin. The line was produced by fusing P3X63Ag8.653 myeloma cells
with human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (enriched for B
cells). References: U.S. Pat. 4,689,299; J. Infect. Dis. 149:
43-47, 1984; J. Clin. Invest. 70: 1306-1309, 1982. Depositor: R.A.
Insel, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY. Note: This material
is cited in a U.S. and/or other Patent and may not be used to
infringe the patent claims.
Price code: H

For more information about the ATCC (ordering etc.) and to do your
own searches - point your gopher client at gopher.gdb.org and select:

 -->  12. Search Databases at Hopkins (Vectors, Promoters, NRL-3D, EST, OMIM../

   -->  6.  Culture Collections (ATCC, ECACC)/

    -->  1.  ATCC - The American Type Culture Collection/

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at mail.gdb.org