Silent ClaI sites - info ?

Jeremy Weinman jjw at
Wed Sep 22 21:27:30 EST 1993

Silent ClaI sites

Does anybody out there in netland know of any info (published or otherwise)
on why ClaI sometimes doesn't recognize a ClaI site?  We've got some clones
which we have been mapping and we have a cla site that cuts on the basis of
some unknown or perhaps archane variable, seemingly regardless of how well
other cla sites in the clone are cutting.  Any thoughts?
Dr. Jeremy Weinman                              Email:
jjw at
Plant Microbe Interaction Group                 Phone:  61 6 2495051
Research School of Biological Sciences          Fax:    61 6 2490754
Australian National University                  Snail:  PO Box 475,
                                                        ACT 2601, AUSTRALIA