DNA and RNA isolation

nishir at ohsu.edu nishir at ohsu.edu
Thu Sep 23 16:00:19 EST 1993

In article <27t0on$s8m at usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu> steagall at uh.cwru.edu (Bob Steagall)
writes:
>I would like to isolate both DNA and RNA from one small batch of cells
(100,000-1,000,000 macrophage) to then use for Southern and Northern blotting,
respectively. I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to do this.  Thank
you.
>---

>Bob Steagall                              E-mail: steagall at amber.uh.cwru.edu
>MRI Computer Systems Manager           Telephone: (216) 844-8058
>University Hospitals of Cleveland            FAX: (216) 844-8062
>
>....   "All roads lead to Amber," he said, as though it were an axiom.   ...

Try TriReagent from Molecular Research Center, Inc. in Cincinnati, OH
1-800-462-9868.  You can extract RNA, DNA, and protein from the same sample
with this reagent.  I have heard it works quite well and you can get excellent
technical help from this company (the one time I called, I got to talk directly
with P. Chomzynski).  Other than buying their products, I have no other ties
with this company.

Rae Nishi
OHSU
Portland OR