5-methylcytosine quantitation

Mike Muszynski muszynski at BIOSCI.MBP.MISSOURI.EDU
Thu Sep 23 15:01:26 EST 1993

Dear netters-

        I am looking for a method of quantifying the amount of
5-methylcytosine vs cytosine (relative percent) from a sample of genomic
maize DNA.  If the DNA sample is hydrolyzed into its constituative
nucleotides, could this just be run through an HPLC?  What type of column
would I use?  A current reference to point me in the right direction would
be appreciated.  Answers can be sent to the newsgroup or to my email
address.  I'll post a summary of replies.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Muszynski                      *
101 Tucker Hall                     *      "Hmmmmmmmm, pizza!!!!"
Univ. of Missouri-Columbia          *
Columbia, MO 65211                  *             -- Homer Simpson
lab:  (314) 882-1168                *
fax:  (314) 882-0123                *