Turbo screening

Ludwig Lab-UCSC niflab at biology.ucsc.edu
Thu Sep 23 22:38:19 EST 1993

>Hi bionetters,
>can anyone tell me what is "turbo screening"
>Thanx in advance
>--
>Dr. Alex Borovkov,                    | Please excuse me for my English.
>Plant Pathology Dept.,                | My Russian is getting worse too
>North Dakota State University         | and soon I will know nothing
>Fargo, ND 58105                       | but few dirty words
>tel: 701 237 8340 ; FAX: 701 237 7851 ; Internet: borovkov at plains.NoDak.edu.

I use a microwave oven (really) and paper filters (Whatman 540 or 541
are stiff enough) for all my colony hybridizations.  It's very quick
and gives good signal-to-noise.

Forster et al. Trends in Genetics 6:141 (1990) call this "Turbo-
screening."

	Robert Kuhn, PhD
	Sinsheimer Laboratories
	University of California