Thymoll Questions

Helen McBride Helen_McBride at hlthsci.med.utah.edu
Thu Sep 23 17:59:36 EST 1993

There is someone at our university who recommends the use of a 37%
Thymoll solution as an effiecient way of keeping shaking waterbaths from
becoming bacteria and fungi farms. He says to just squirt a few sprays of
the solution into a large shaking water bath and it will stay clean for
around two weeks.
This seems almost too good to be true.
Has anyone ever used this type of solution in his waterbath? How well did
it work? And can you be more quantitative then "squirt a few sprays in
the water"? We have several different sized shakers so I'd like to know
what the final concentration should be. Thanks in advance for your reply.
Helen_McBride at hlthsci.med.utah.edu