ultrasonic ligation reqiest

Bruce Roe broe at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu
Fri Sep 24 07:35:00 EST 1993

In article <CDtIvE.2GwD at ns1.nodak.edu>, borovkov at plains.NoDak.edu (Alex Borovkov) writes...
>Hi bionetters,
>Few weeks ago I saw a lot of conversations about blunt ends ligation in
>ultrasonic washers. Does anyone have a thread of posted articles, summary
>of them or any other information about it.
>Please E-mail it to me or re-post in the group.
>Thanks in advance.
>
>--
>Dr. Alex Borovkov,                    | Please excuse me for my English.
>Plant Pathology Dept.,                | My Russian is getting worse too
>North Dakota State University         | and soon I will know nothing
>Fargo, ND 58105                       | but few dirty words
>tel: 701 237 8340 ; FAX: 701 237 7851 ; Internet: borovkov at plains.NoDak.edu.

Alex,
	Have you tried GOPHER to look for relevant articles?  Here's a
copy of what you can do if GOPHER is set up on your computer.  Check
with your system adminstration folks if it's not available.

$ gopher fly.bio.indiana.edu
                 Internet Gopher Information Client 1.2VMS pl0

                    Root gopher server: fly.bio.indiana.edu

      1.  About-IUBio-Archive  [ 7Dec92, 24kb].
      2.  About-New-Features/
      3.  DISK-CRASH-NOW-RECOVERED  [22Sep93, 1kb].
      4.  Flybase/
      5.  Genbank-Sequences/
      6.  Gopher+TEST/
      7.  IUBio-Software+Data/
      8.  Molecular-Biology/
 -->  9.  Network-News/
      10. Other-Bio-Gophers/
      11. Other-Gophers-and-Things/
      12. Species/
      13. This-Gopher/

hit return and see:
                                  Network-News

      1.  About Netnews  [13Aug92, 2kb].
 -->  2.  Bionet News at IUBio archive <?>
      3.  Bionet-News-at-net.bio.net.src <?>
      4.  Biosci archives gopher at net.bio.net/
      5.  bionet/
      6.  info-gcg/
      7.  sci.bio/

hit return and see:

 +------------------------Bionet News at IUBio archive------------------------+
 | Words to search for:                                                       |
 |  |                                                                         |
 |                  [Cancel: ^G] [Erase: ^U] [Accept: Enter]                  |

Type in the word ligation and then hit return and see:

                     Bionet News at IUBio archive: ligation

 -->  1.  mgk2r at Virg Re: Re: Ultrasonic Ligation.
      2.  broe at aardv Re: Re: PEG and ligation.
      3.  mgk2r at Virg Re: Re: PEG and ligation.
      4.  drmax at casb Re: Re: Ultrasonic Ligation.
      5.  GIETZ at bldg Re: RE: Ligation Temp.
      6.  GIETZ at bldg Re: RE:Blunt end ligation.
      7.  camdna at ubv Re: Re: Blunt end ligation debate..
      8.  VMiao at oreg Re: Re: HELP WITH LIGATION OF PCR RESTRICTION FRAGMENTS.
      9.  pnh at fcspar Re: Re: Ultrasonic Ligation.
      10. coyne at uctv Re: HELP: ligation (used to be Re: cip & geneclean).
      11. mgk2r at Virg Re: Re: PEG and ligation.
      12. wmelchior@ Re: Re: PEG and ligation.
      13. wetsel_r at w Re: Ligation trouble....
      14. arosenth at c Re: Re: Ultrasonic Ligation.
      15. jgraham at br Re: Re: Ultrasonic Ligation.
      16. VERNON at za. Re: RE: Ultrasonic Ligation.
      17. pnh at fcspar Re: Re: Ultrasonic Ligation.
      18. robert at arb Re: Re: self-ligation of small dsDNAs.
      19. broe at aardv Re: Re: self-ligation of small dsDNAs.
      20. bchs1b at Elr Re: Re: Largest-Scale Ligation (Help).
      21. "Morris F. Re: Re: Blunt end ligation.
      22. drmax at casb Re: Re: Ultrasonic Ligation.
      23. suter at de.d Re: re: ultrasonic ligation.
      24. nimbus at mol Re: PEG and ligation.

Press ? for Help, q to Quit, u to go up a menu                       Page: 1/11

NOTICE that there are 11 pages of stuff on ligation in the archived news.
Just arrow down to the article you want to read and hit return to read it.

Cheers......bruce

 \  Bruce A. Roe                 Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry /
 /  Dept. of Chem. and Biochem.  INTERNET: BROE at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu  \
 \  University of Oklahoma       BITNET:   BROE at uokucsvx                 /
 /  620 Parrington Oval, Rm 208  AT&TNET:  405-325-4912 or 405-325-7610  \
 \  Norman, Oklahoma 73019       FAXnet:   405-325-6111                  /