ligation of ~20kb fragment into pUC118/pUC119

Angelo Gunasekera angelo at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Fri Sep 24 15:50:55 EST 1993

My ealry message under this topic escaped me before typing the message.
i am writing this for a friend of mine who needs assistance in cloning a
20 kb fragment into pUC118/pUC119.  She had tried this many times w/o
succsess.  Can anyone out there help her with their expeience in cloning
such a large fragment into pUC118/pUC119 (specially isolation of the
insert, cloning condions, ratio of insert to vector?).
My personal opinion was "it is impossible".

Thanks
Angelo