xhoI cloning problems-additions

Jay Rothstein rothstei at calvin.jci.tju.edu
Wed Sep 29 17:57:49 EST 1993

I'm not sure this relates to any of this but I have been clonign with Xho I
and Xba I for sticky ended cDNA and I have had funny results..for one, when
the vector is in excess in cases where I have limiting amounts of cDNA I
sometimes get the cDNA going in in either orientation.  The insert has xba
at one end and xho at the other but it goes in and makes a hybrid site in
either orientation...if you look at the sequences they are totally
different what gives? I'm also using bluescript-II SK+  any others
Rothstei at calvin.jci.tju.edu