5' biotin labeling of oligos

Steve Rodems smrodems at students.wisc.edu
Fri Apr 1 00:54:51 EST 1994

In article <2nbv4f$15r at usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu>, ch994 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu
(Parke K. Flick) wrote:

> Glad you asked, Liam.  USB has just introduced the Oligonucleotide
> Biotin Labeling Kit which labels standard oligos after they have
> been made.  In conjunction with the SurePure tlc system from USB,
> you can label and purify an oligo in about 4 hours.  By the way,
> you can also label with fluorescein at the 5' end by analogous
> reactions.
> 					P. Flick

How sensitive are these labels?  Could they be used in gel shift
experiments?  Also, how stable are they?  One bad thing about 32P is that
you probe is useless after a couple weeks.

--
Steve "Some day I will get the hell out of Wisconsin" Rodems

"Then I am here for the Lee family renioun ... shur-wajo-shur"