question regarding RACE kits

Feng Jin axjl at iastate.edu
Tue Apr 5 18:07:53 EST 1994

I am studying a cuticular wax gene in maize. The transcript is about 1.4-kb,
however my largest cDNA is 0.8-kb. I would like to try to use RACE to amplify
the 5' of this message. There are some kits available that I have seen
advertised. I would just like to know if somebody has ever have any experience
using these kits and which kit is best based on your experience.
Thanks in advance.

                                  Sincerely,

                                  Xiaojie Xu