Solubilization of membrane protein !

G. Jawahar Swaminathan jawahar at nii.ernet.in
Tue Apr 5 19:17:05 EST 1994

Hi !

This is a request from a friend of mine who does not have access to the email
facility. He is starting to work on the purification of a membrane bound
protein from macrophage cell line. Does anyone have any idea as to how to go
about the process of solubilize the membrane, i.e., detergents, buffer, pH etc
for such a protein. The protein has to studied later by transferring it into a
liposome enviornment.

Any ideas on this subject, protocols on this subject will be appreciated !!

Please mail me back at this address, I do not subscribe to this newsgroup.
Thanx,

jawahar

jawahar at nii.ernet.in

National Institute of Immunology,